Bread recipes are the favorite munch for snack time. There are times in the evening or during breakfast when you are starving, and bread seems to be your best friend at the moment. So, here we have different recipes to try.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
- 5 bread slices
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Few chopped coriander leaves
- Take two tsp oil in a pan and heat it over a medium flame. Add mustard seeds and let it be until it pops.
- Now, add ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- Pour the chopped onions in a pan and sauté it until it changes its color.
- After few seconds add, green chili finely chopped (optional), chopped ginger, and curry leaves sauté it for 10-12 seconds.
- Now, add tomatoes and powdered spices. Mix them properly and add salt as per taste.
- Stir it properly so that spices are cooked perfectly. Mix bread cubes in it and keep stirring it for crispiness.
- Now, top it up with coriander leaves.
- Your bread Upma is ready to serve as a breakfast or evening meal.
The bread pizza is a quick and a yummy recipe as a snack.
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 3
- 6 bread slices
- Butter as needed
- Pizza sauce
- Chili flakes
- Crushed black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- One medium tomato, chopped
- 4-5 olives, sliced
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 1-1.5 cup grated mozzarella or cheese
- Heat a heavy pan over the flame and spread some butter onto it. Put the bread slices and toss them to make it crisp for the base.
- Now, spread some pizza sauce on the bread and top it up with chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Put some olive slices onto it.
- Add some dried herbs onto it like oregano, chili flakes, and crushed black pepper.
- Now, top it up with grated cheese or mozzarella.
- Make sure you low the flame while adding the topping.
- Now, place the lid on the pan.
- Cook it till its cheese melts.
- Tips: You can add the veggies of your choice like corns, mushrooms, and many more. You can even increase its taste by adding pizza seasoning to it. Make sure you use heavy pan because if you do not do so, the bread can burn from the bottom.
- Now, your bread pizza is ready to serve. Remove it with a spatula and sprinkle some chili flakes and oregano onto it. Serve the bread pizza with tomato sauce. It will give a bundle of joy to you little chaps.