Are you a health-conscious guy or girl, who aims to start their day with a low-calorie breakfast bowl?
Boost your healthy morning routine with a batch of low-calorie breakfast recipes including – eggs, a super tasty smoothie or low cal. porridge.
Quinoa Peach Porridge
Calories: 231 Kcal
Prep Time: 3 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 25g porridge oats
- 75g quinoa
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- Two ripe peaches, sliced
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 250ml water
- Combine the oats, quinoa, and cardamom pods in a small saucepan with water and 100ml of the almond milk. Bring the porridge to boil.
- After that simmer lightly for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Drop in the remaining almond milk.
- Cook for another 5 min till it reaches the creamy texture.
- Pour the porridge into jars and deck with the cardamom, peaches and maple syrup.
Calories: 124 kcal
Prep Time: 5 – 15 mins
- 300g jumbo oats
- 100g dark raisins
- 25g wheat gram
- 140g ready-to-eat apricots, chopped
- 50g golden linseed
- Combine all the mentioned ingredients in a large bowl.
- When you want to eat, put muesli in a bowl and pour plenty of chilled milk on it.
- Soak it for a couple of minutes before eating.
- Note: You can keep this muesli stored in an airtight container for around 2 months.
Kiwi Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
Calories: 95 Kcal
Prep Time: 10 mins
- One kiwi, chopped
- 50g blueberries
- 3tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- Drop all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend well.
- That’s it; your instant healthy yogurt smoothie is ready to gulp!
Calories: 113 kcal
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 mi
- Four eggs
- 3 halved and seeded bell peppers
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the baking dish.
- Add eggs, milk, green onion, spinach, salt, ½ cup cheese in a medium bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Put the bell peppers in a greased baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the peppers.
- Then sprinkle remaining cheese over it.
- Bake until eggs are set, for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Calories: 227 Kcal
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Eight large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted French bread, for serving
- Preheat the broiler for 5 min and set the oven rack below the heat.
- Mix the garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of butter and 1/2 tbsp of cream in each ramekin.
- Put beneath the broiler until hot and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully, pour four eggs into each dish and evenly sprinkle the herb mixture as well as salt and pepper.
- Put back beneath the broiler, until the eggs whites cook entirely.
- Serve instantly with toasted bread.