You must have heard of a phrase, “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” Well, this is just a beautiful way of laying importance on breakfast as a meal. However, most families face a problem what to have at breakfast for a weekend? After all, everyone expects something delicious, something flavorful, and something mesmerizing at the same time. Well, breakfast casserole recipes can be of great use to you when you are deciding about weekend recipes.
To help you better, we bring to you a perfect breakfast casserole recipe that can be prepared easily.
Perfect Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This breakfast casserole recipe can be prepared using cheese, sausages, and eggs. Moreover, the recipe takes only a few minutes to throw all these ingredients together. The best part about this recipe is that you even prepare it ahead of time and keep it to eat it on a weekend morning. Moreover, this breakfast casserole can be prepared in 10 minutes, and you can cook it in 55 minutes.
- 12 eggs;
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese (shredded);
- Salt and pepper as per taste;
- 2 pounds of pork sausages;
- 1 cup of sour cream;
- 4 green onions;
- ¼ cup of milk;
- ½ cup of red color bell pepper (diced);
- ½ cup of green color bell pepper (diced).
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your 9 X 13” inch pan with the help of a cooking spray.
- Secondly, take a large bowl and mix in sour cream, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and eggs together. Mix in all the ingredients together with the help of an electric mixer at a low speed.
- Moreover, heat a skillet over a low flame and add sausages to it and let it cook until it becomes brown in color. Moreover, with the help of a wooden spoon, break it into small pieces until it gets cooked.
- Now, drain the grease from the sausages and then add the sausage to the bowl having the egg mixture.
- Moreover, add your bell peppers and onions to the same skillet in which you had cooked the sausages and let it sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. After it is done, add it to the bowl having eggs and stir everything in it to combine it well.
- Now, pour the prepared mixture into a greased pan and then bake it for 35 to 50 minutes. Moreover, you can also bake it till the sides are brown, and the center of the breakfast casserole is just jiggly from the center.
- Once the egg casserole is prepared, you can store it in the fridge and can enjoy it even after 3 to 4 days.
The best aspect of a breakfast casserole is that you can even experiment with it as per your taste and likings. For example, instead of pork sausages, you can even use turkey sausages. However, the taste would remain the same and even enjoyable.