Breakfast is our first meal of the day so; it needs to be healthy and flavorsome enough to get vitality for the chores ahead. It is also an old saying – eat breakfast like a king. What’s a better idea then to make breakfast burrito?
Here is a delectable breakfast burrito recipe to start your day with good food.
Wholesome Breakfast Burrito
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
- 8 whole flour tortillas
- 50 whole frozen tater tots
- 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Eight whole beaten eggs
- 1-pound breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsps. half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- One medium chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned jalapeno
- Three Roma tomatoes
- Salsa for the side
- Start by tossing the frozen tots on a baking tray. Place it in a 450-degree oven and begin baking them for around 20 – 25 minutes. (If you prefer the crisper version of breakfast burrito you can instead fry them).
- Further, in a large skillet brown the sausage. Crumble it up as it cooks along to avoid getting lumps in it.
- In a bowl crack all the eggs and add some half-and-half in it.
- Then sprinkle salt and pepper and beat it well. Set the mixture aside for a while.
- Now chop the onions. Also, cut the tomatoes in slices.
- Melt some butter over medium heat in another skillet.
- Once melted pour in the prepared eggs mixture.
- Wait for some seconds and using a spoon start pulling the eggs apart from the edges of the skillet.
- Keep doing the same gently as the eggs cook along.
- You have to keep stirring them around for a while so that you don’t get the burnt scrambled eggs. Also, ensure that the skillet doesn’t get too warm to avoid burning of the eggs.
- You have to keep cooking the eggs until you see that they’re no longer wet and are not sticking on the skillet.
- Set the skillet aside when the eggs are done.
- Now you have to warm tortillas, assure that they’re warm enough so they will enfold all the ingredients and keep them warm as well.
- Put every warm tortilla on a square piece of aluminum foil.
- Now begins the real fun of preparing burrito. Lay grated cheddar, then scrambled eggs, and after that sausage.
- Further, put Tater Tots on them strategically so that you get to enjoy them in every bite of the burrito.
- Add chopped onion on the top just enough to add taste and crunch!
- Now throw up some sliced jalapenos as per your taste.
- Finally, top up your burritos with three slices of tomato.
- Note: Put all the ingredients on a tortilla in the same order as mentioned above.
- You are almost done. You have to fold both sides of the tortilla bringing them to the middle to form it as a wrap.
- Next, tightly wrap it into the foil to keep them warm until you’re ready to eat them!
- Serve them instantly with salsa on the side and your favorite sauce.
- You can also pack them up in your kid’s lunch box.
We are sure you’ll love this yummy burrito!