Ringing alarm clock every morning is a disliked scenario for many, but the best breakfast menu on the table makes the person a whole lot happier.
Grab your cup of coffee on and get to cooking with one of our best breakfast recipes. We’re sure it will make your day!
Lasagna Noodle Sausage Breakfast
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsps olive oil, plus more for tossing and oiling the baking dish
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage, softened
- 1 bunch scallions, whites cut into 1/2-inch pieces and greens thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 8 ounces white Cheddar, shredded
- Two 10-ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pot boil the salted water.
- Then add the noodles into the boiling water and cook according to the package manual.
- Once done strain noodles into a sieve, and stir in some oil. Note: Line the noodles around the side of the sieve to let it cool well without sticking.
- Meantime, in a large nonstick skillet heat three tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir the sausage and scallion whites in the oil and cook stirring continuously as well as splitting the meat up into bite-size pieces. Remember you don’t have to mash up the sausages.
- Cook until the sausage is browned and cooked well.
- After that throw the flour over the cooked sausage, and mix until it is fully absorbed into it.
- Now pour 2 cups milk and keep stirring until it begins to thicken. Further, pour in the remaining 2 cups milk, bring to a boil and continue mixing the batter until the sauce reaches to a thick consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Then add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper to your taste in the batter.
- Allow the sauce to cool.
- In another bowl mix the mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheese together.
- It is now time to prepare your baking dish.
- Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and put about four tablespoons of the sauce in the base.
- Lay four lightly overlapping noodles to coat the bottom of the baking dish thoroughly.
- Then pour 1/3 of the remaining sauce on top of the noodles.
- Further, put 1/2 the spinach in an even layer and top it with around 1/3 of the scallion greens, a few grinds of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Proceed to layer the baking bowl in the same sequence as in the above way.
- Complete the lasagna layering with the remaining noodles, sauce, and sprinkling up with more cheese.
- Now, plastic wrap the baking dish, and refrigerate it for overnight.
- Next day, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then remove the plastic wrap covered on the dish and now cover it with foil.
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake for at least 45 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted completely.
- Now remove the foil from the baking dish, and put it again in the oven to bake it until the lasagna is slightly browned. Note: It will take around 10 – 15 minutes.
- When done garnish it with the remaining scallions and the parsley. Also, sprinkle some black pepper over it.
- Let the lasagna sit for nearly 15 minutes.
- Then slice them into squares and dig into your best breakfast meal!