When you want to add a dash of glitter to your breakfast menu, you should definitely go for Egg Benedict. The traditional Egg Benedict is prepared with a Canadian Bacon, English Muffin, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. This dish offers the best flavors you would love to have during a special meal. Moreover, you need to possess a bit of expertise to prepare the dish like a professional chef.
Scrumptious Egg Benedict Recipe
Making scrumptious Egg Benedict requires intensive work from your side. Moreover, when you want to make your guests feel special, go for this perfect recipe. You can serve it with roasted potatoes which can complement the recipe perfectly. Moreover, you can prepare it within 25 minutes while you can cook it in 5 minutes.
- 8 eggs;
- 1 tablespoon of water;
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt;
- 4 egg yolk;
- 1 cup of melted butter;
- 8 strips of bacon (Canadian style);
- 2 tablespoons of butter (softened);
- A teaspoon of white vinegar;
- A pinch of ground white pepper;
- 3-1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 4 English muffins;
- 1/8 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Preparation Method For Egg Benedict
To Prepare Hollandaise Sauce
Firstly, fill water in a double boiler pan. However, make sure that water should not touch the top pan.
Now, bring this water to a simmer. Whisk together Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk, white pepper, and 1 tablespoon of water.
Moreover, add the melted butter to your egg yolk mixture while you are whisking the yolks together. Make sure that you add 1 or two tablespoons of the butter to the mixture.
If you find that the Hollandaise sauce is getting too thick, you can also add 1 or 2 tablespoons of hot water to it. Continue to whisk them together until all the butter gets added.
Preparation For Egg Benedict
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the salt to it. Place the lid on the pan to make sure that the sauce remains warm.
- Now, preheat your oven to boiler settings. For poaching the saucepan, fill water in the saucepan and bring it to simmer. Also, add vinegar at this stage.
- Break the eggs into simmering water and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Always make sure that the yolk should be soft in the center. Once they simmer perfectly, remove them from the water and place them on warm plate.
- Meanwhile, you can brown the bacon in a skillet while you can toast the muffins in a baking sheet.
- Now, spread the softened butter on the muffins and then top each of them with a slice of bacon. Now place one poached egg on these muffins. Drizzle some Hollandaise sauce in each of the muffins.
- You can even sprinkle some chopped chives on these and serve them immediately.
Well, preparing Egg Benedict may require some efforts but once prepared, it is sure to impress your loved ones. Infact, they will be left licking their fingers for long. So, what are you waiting for? Prepare this recipe and get complements. Happy cooking!